Sunday, January 22, 2012

The Shape Shifter

Did I tell you I got a Kindle from Santy this Christmas? I wasn't expecting it at all, but I loved it instantly. I've got a few paper books to finish before I can start buying books for my new toy - about 6 months' worth of reading. But it will be so handy for the holidays - no more worrying about Ryanair weight restrictions. Over the Christmas holidays, I downloaded a book my Dad had mentioned - a detective story with a Navajo theme. It's called The Shape Shifter, by Tony Hillerman.It follows a retired Navajo tribal police lieutenant, Joe Leaphorn, as an old case he investigated when he was a young man raises its ugly head, when an old rug, cursed due to its association with the persecution of the Navajo people, reappears after having supposedly been burned in an accidental fire many years before.

I'm not a reader of thrillers and detective stories, but this was pretty good. I might read another one or two from the same series.

No comments:

Post a Comment