Thursday, August 09, 2007

Chocolate Mousse cake

Last Monday, I tried a new recipe from Recipes to Nurture, by Aine McAteer - Chocolate Mousse Cake!! As you've seen from earlier posts, I'm a big fan, but this recipe beats all others I've tried. It's dead simple - basically whizz everything in a food processor and stick it in the fridge, then eat. And it's delicious - Brendan has been eating slices of this cake at 10:30 in the morning, and at 4 in the afternoon, with a cup of coffee, it's so good! (Unfortunately for me, chocolate gives me migraines, and this proved no exception, so I only had one slice, but it was well worth it!).

No sugar, no eggs, no cream, no butter, ... It's not quite calorie-free, I'd say, but it's so full of goodness that you feel you can eat as much of it as you want, without clogging up your arteries.
The secret ingredient is silken tofu! And chocolate of course, a lot of silken tofu and a lot of chocolate. Mmmm. I think it's worth risking a migraine, don't you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment