Saturday, March 24, 2007

My little house - how dreams come true

I was thinking about the shomera, and why it is that I like it so much. And then I knew why!

It reminds me of the little wooden house that Josianne, our neighbour, had when we were kids. She was a few years older than me, and her father, a joiner, had built her this gorgeous wooden house in the back of their garden, where she could play house. All the younger neighbours, i.e. me, Nadine and Isabelle and probably plenty others whom I don't remember, were only too happy to go there and play school there, where Josianne would be the teacher and we were her pupils.

I used to dream of having a little wooden house like hers! And now I have one! When I was 8 or 10, that was probably my biggest dream. When I grew older, I used to dream of having a purple electric beach buggy, like they had in the window of the shop around the corner. It was a bit like a golf buggy I guess, only a lot cooler. I guess I'll have to work on that one!

No comments:

Post a Comment