Saturday, March 03, 2007

Charlotte's Web

On Thursday, Lisa and I went to see Charlotte's Web at the Ormonde in Stillorgan. We didn't have any children in tow, but we didn't feel too out of place. The cinema was very quiet - there was a couple with a small child, a young couple, and Lisa & me! I guess this movie has been showing for a while, and most children have all sorts of activities on week nights - between ballet, speech and drama, swimming, Irish dancing, etc, children live such busy lives that going to the pictures can only be scheduled in at weekends.

It was a lovely movie, and I recommend it to everybody who has a bit of a soft heart. It's not too fancy, and it is a simple story, set in simpler times (in a world that doesn't exist anymore, if it ever existed - rural America, with red barns, tractors, rich fields, sunny summers, and nice, decent hard-working people).

I did cry at one point (it was a very sad moment!), which is my yardstick for a good movie! (Or maybe I'm emotionally unstable?)

And, if you have children, I highly recommend the website's game section, where you will find colouring tools, a spelling bee, and lots of other fun games to play (I've spent the last 15 minutes there!).

No comments:

Post a Comment