Friday, June 09, 2006

Post 100

This is my hundredth post - would you believe it? "Yes" say the few of you who are trying to keep up with my constant chattering!

What will I talk about today? I haven't done much in terms of drawing and painting lately. I'm trying to do "weight drawing". I'll tell you about that some other time, when I've figured out what it actually means!

It's still hot out there - about 23 degrees. I've had enough sun this week, and I don't mind that cooler, cloudier weather is on the way, as evidenced by the satellite picture from Met Eireann. It looks like Belgium is cloudy again. According to my mum, the weather hasn't been great at all.

Last night, we went for a meal in Bistro One, in Foxrock Village. I really enjoyed it. It was simple but tasty food. There was a good buzz in the place. We went in at 6:30, and were finished a little after 8, and, despite the lovely warm evening that was in it, the place was full. Brendan had carpaccio for starter, then a Thai fish curry. I had celeriac soup and then pork with an apricot and couscous stuffing. Then we had desserts. We should have got just one dessert and shared it, but we pigged out and had two desserts and shared them - almond tart & custard, and rhubarb crumble (heavenly!). I could barely move for the rest of the evening!

Well, I'll go now and join Brendan for the last of the sunshine.

Before I leave you, another bit of trivia. Did you know that carpaccio is named after an Italian painter, called - you guessed it - Carpaccio? (Well, I didn't know - Brendan told me!) Check it out in wikipedia!

No comments:

Post a Comment