Saturday, June 03, 2006

The Dive from Clausen's Pier

I've just finished reading "The Dive from Clausen's Pier" by Ann Packer. I've been reading it non-stop in the last few days. It's a long time since I've read a book I couldn't put down. It's a very good story, and it's told at a nice pace. It's about the choices we make in life, the guilt that goes with these choices. It's about being yourself before you can be other people's expectations.

While writing this blog about it, I've just found out that it's out as a movie too, with Buffy's little Sister (Dawn?) as the main actress. Now, that's a bit too much for me. Carrie, the main protagonist, is supposed to be 23. Buffy's little sister (the actress's name is Michelle Trachtenberg) still looks like she could be 14 (though I've just read she is 21!)! She looks very wrong for that role, but then again, you never know! On the other hand, one of the other actors is Sean Maher, who plays the doctor in Serenity (see posting of 1st April), and I can well picture him in the story (plus - he is easy on the eye!)

No comments:

Post a Comment