Sunday, April 16, 2006

Place de la Concorde



At long last, Place de la Concorde is finished. Well, I got it finished about a week ago, but didn't get around to taking a picture until today.
The picture here looks a bit darker than the original, but taking a picture with the flash was washing all the colour out.




It looks well in the Shomera, beside the other Mondrian-imitation. I don't think I'll be going near straight lines in a while! My shoulders were sore from hunching over the canvas to paint the black lines, then to tidy them up. On the other hand, it was much more satisfying to paint the lines by hand rather than using masking tape and then to paint over it.


And here is a picture of Brendan sitting in front of them.



I'm very happy with the result, but I don't think it's my style. Right now, I'm experimenting with watercolour glazes. I got a book called "Paint watercolours that Dance with Light" by Elizabeth Kincaid. Very interesting, but very daunting for the poor amateur that I am.

No comments:

Post a Comment