Wednesday, October 16, 2024

FYJ Day 2

My choice of song for the representational art part of the assignment was "I am, I said", by Neil Diamond. The lyrics "And I am, lost, and I can't, even say why" really speak to me. Needless to say I had the music on a loop the whole time. Can't paint a half sheet watercolour in 3 minutes! (Or maybe I can, there's an idea)

I struggled with this one. It's like a different person painted these two compared to the two abstracts I did the previous day. Feeling a lot of frustration, trying too hard and all those things. But I'm painting in half sheet watercolour, when I'm normally more comfortable with quarter sheet. So, I'm giving myself a pat on the back for that. For the more colourful version, I added some Sennelier shellac ink in a golden yellow colour and Prussian blue too, and also Artgraf black and ochre taylor shape. Lots of interesting textures. Very much in the spirit of trying anything without worrying about outcome.



Also added some Artgraf to my Diary Painting (a painting we keep adding to for 12 weeks!)




No comments:

Post a Comment