Friday, October 04, 2024

Clouds with different colours

I still have so much to explore on the theme of clouds. I'm really loving working in a series. I will never run out of things to paint. It's like every painting generates ideas for more. And all those ideas go into my studio book, which I can get back to when I'm not so inspired!

For this exploration, I tried pigments that I have in my stash but that don't look that exciting on their own. This was a great excuse to try and mix them all and see what happens! The chosen pigments were Yellow Grey, Imidazolone Brown, Glacier Blue, Indanthrene Blue. Indanthrene Blue in particular has been languishing in a drawer for so long because it always dries duller than I expected. But mixed with Imidazolone Brown (yes, that's a mouthful!), it creates wonderful dark purples that really excite me! So there you go!

This one, I did on Winsor & Newton paper - love the softness here and the feeling of volume.


This one I did on Fabriano Unica paper. I need to flatten it as it buckles like mad. I think the Glacier Blue mix in the sky is too grainy on this paper. Maybe I'll wash it off and see what happens! That would be fun!



No comments:

Post a Comment