Thursday, October 03, 2024

Find Your Joy?

This free taster of Find Your Joy promises to help me make the art I was always meant to create. But every time I try, I just splash paint around without being fully present. Is it flow? It certainly doesn't feel like mindfulness. But when I look at some of them individually, there is something that rings true. I will have to spend a bit more time thinking about what it is exactly.

I like

  • that I looked out the window for inspiration, the trees, the shadows, even a car
  • the mix of Hansa Yellow Medium with Neutral Tint
  • splattering paint strongly
  • using a blue Stabilo Woody and a Yellow Neocolor for lines
  • some pigments pushing other pigments out of the way
  • dry brush
  • strong rhythmic marks with a black brushpen
  • PV19 as my pink pigment, with Hansa Yellow Medium as my yellow
  • using round brushes and square brushes too
Maybe I can use some of these elements in paintings that feel more like who I am?
But if I had to cut some elements out, or cover them with white gouache, I really don't know where I would start!







Here you can see them all together
 

No comments:

Post a Comment