Monday, October 30, 2023

Trees in ink

For this exercise from Dolores Phelps's online workshop, I worked in ink, with lots of water. There is so many combinations, water first, ink first, wash off, spray a little, spray a lot, how long to let the ink dry before you wash it off. Again I have used a photo of trees from a real location (Bushy Park) as inspiration and to guide me in observing the morphology of trees. I can't wait to try this with colour! I have actually started a Trees album in my Google Photos and realised that I had a #LoveTrees hashtag in my blog. I think that's the universe trying to tell me what to paint next. And mountains, clouds, sea too of course. I hope my karma is good, because I'm going to need several lifetimes to paint everything I want!!


No comments:

Post a Comment