Thursday, October 26, 2023

Lots of black ink

I haven't been feeling it much for the last 6 weeks. Who would have thought that a broken foot would have such an impact on my life. But I never stop painting and drawing. There are so many resources out there to keep me motivated and inspired. Too many probably, as I keep switching gear, rather than explore one thing only. Right now, I'm looking at Louise Fletcher's videos and how she freely explores with limited colours. So I picked up my hot press sketchbook (which I bought by mistake, I don't like hot press paper), a bottle of black acrylic ink, a bottle of green liquid watercolour and a green Stabilo Woody pencil, and also a pale green Luminance pencil. Here is what I got. I quite like it. It makes me think of an amphitheatre somewhere. I might do more with it. Or I might not. Although I don't like the idea of obliterating layers!





No comments:

Post a Comment