Wednesday, October 25, 2023

Sketch Outing - Yay!

I'm so lucky to have so many good friends - in the last few weeks, I've had friends picking me up to go for tea in Airfield, scones at home, people have come to visit and cheer me up when I was feeling cabin feverish. And last Sunday, Alice picked me up at home and brought me to our sketching location, near the Dodder in Dartry. It was so lovely to sit on a bench, feel the dappled light on my skin, hear people chat, see dogs run, and yes, a rhinoceros in the river! It's not real! And I have no idea why the Dropping Well (the local pub) decided to have a sculpture of a rhinoceros in the river. But it was fun to draw it. And yes, it is autumn in this part of the world and the weather was gorgeous. It hasn't been so good in the last few days, with lots of rain, and major flooding in other parts of the country.


And then I got to draw people again. I just like to fill the page with my drawing, not planning a composition or anything like that. I just wanted to show that we were pretty packed in, as the pub was busy, and people were eating and drinking (beer and tea and all sorts) - I'd say we probably drove the poor waitress demented. But she was so good, going back and forth with orders and menus and bills. I added extra pencil in front and behind my models, to tie everything together. I'm still getting used to using pencils! Next time, I think I will draw in coloured pencil and see what happens


Also did this little study of a tree trunk and a branch.



No comments:

Post a Comment