Tuesday, October 10, 2023

More pigment on the towel than on the paper

Water, ink, watercolour, ink, flush with water spray. After that I lost track of what I was doing!! I didn't manage to lift back to white paper, but I will experiment more. It's quite possible that if I had flushed more with my waterspray, I could have lifted more of the ink. Or maybe it was too dry already at that stage. The little room I work in is South-facing, so it gets quite warm and things dry quickly!
Used Kleen-Edge decorator's tape to create my lake line. I still have to try scotch tape and wax resist.
Decided not to try reflection of the mountain in the water - we don't often get clear reflections in Ireland, because of the wind. But I should have used the ruler in the water area some more to give the effect of wind ripples in the water, or scratched with an old card.

 


No comments:

Post a Comment