Sunday, June 18, 2023

Two days of sketching in Dublin with Oliver Hoeller

Spent two marvellous days sketching around Dublin with Oliver Hoeller and the other participants in his wonderful workshop. Great introduction to storytelling, sketching people in context, how to make sense of a complex scene, and lots lots more. 

Learned a lot, sketched a lot, all at a pace that really worked for me. I didn't feel rushed, and yet there was always something new to discover around the corner. Oliver had a structured approach in his teaching (which I love!) and he was also able to switch gear very quickly if questions arose, or if the weather refused to cooperate (it is Dublin after all!).

Here are the sketches I did over the 2 days. I might add some colour, or shading, to some of them. Others will stay as they are so I remember everything I learned! Every time I do a workshop like this, I learn so much and it opens new ideas that I will use in my sketchbooks. To me, it's the best way to re-energise my sketching practise!






















No comments:

Post a Comment