Friday, June 16, 2023

Cool River - Near Glendalough

I hope you feel the cool of the river water on a lush summer day, in this scene from Glendalough. I tried to keep most elements to a minimum in terms of detail and brushstrokes. The stones is where I painted the most detail, leading the eye around the painting with the little contact shadows and bigger areas of shade.

I have given up on the 30x30 Direct Watercolour challenge. My first time in 5 or 6 years that I give up on it. It was just that I was finding the idea of painting something of finished quality every day impossible to do. And I was comparing my lack of achievement to others in the forum, and that wasn't good for the soul. So I quit. Best decision! It took me 3 days to complete this one from thumbnail to finish. Best to have something I'm happy with after 3 days, rather than hating what I paint every day! Maybe I am finally achieving the wisdom to make those decisions for myself!

 


No comments:

Post a Comment