Monday, November 09, 2020

USk Admin meeting

 


On Saturday, we had another Urban Sketchers Admin meeting on Zoom. It was good to hear how every chapter is finding ways to keep sketching and stay connected through the pandemic. Even new chapters! Fair play to them! It's a lot of work to keep a well-established group motivated, but I can only imagine what it's like with a group that don't know each other well yet. We will get through this. Together!
The more I hear from other chapters, the more I feel that our community in Dublin is doing so well. We're using every tool at our disposal to stay connected while sketching away from each other. And every weekend, we are chatting and exchanging ideas, supporting each other and admiring each other's work.
By the way, I've been through many meetings in my life, and I'm just sorry that I hadn't discovered urban sketching when I was still working in the corporate world. I think I would have been a happier person! Sketching while attending a meeting is the best thing! And by the way, yes, I have a mini pumpkin on my desk. You will see it making many appearances in my sketchbook!

No comments:

Post a Comment