Saturday, November 28, 2020

Trying a more playful approach

Sometimes, I just need to give up, so that I can come back to the idea with a fresh eye.

But my mind keeps returning to the same view. This time, I played in a sketchbook, which I find quite freeing after getting stuck at the easel with "good" paper!! In the first one, I played with the Shifting views idea from the Sketching PlayLab, and in the second one, I drew with a continuous line before adding watercolour

And I used colours I'm not too familiar with, with interesting results. Hansa Yellow Deep is not a yellow I would normally use, but it's bringing a lot of warmth to the painting that Hansa Yellow Medium is lacking. Although, it's starting to look like Provence rather than the West of Ireland! And I'm loving the new mixes with Paynes Grey and Burnt Umber by the way!




No comments:

Post a Comment