Saturday, November 21, 2020

Trying to reduce my palette

I love trying out colours and pigments, but when I'm actually painting or sketching, I prefer to keep a limited palette. I'm trying out some colours I don't normally use much, like Quinacridone Gold, Indigo, and Cerulean Blue. I've had to make some sacrifices, letting go of Turquoise Blue, Monte Amiata Natural Sienna, Moonglow and Lavender. We'll have to see how I get on with these. The reason for the Indigo is to create more colourful darks in my sketches. I'm currently reading Marion Rivolier's book and trying to take her guidance on board. Trying being the operative word here, as there is a battle in my head between wanting to learn/improve and trying to not lose myself in the process. And that requires a much more deliberate approach!


No comments:

Post a Comment