Thursday, November 05, 2020

Shifting Views

Another fantastic Sketching PlayLab session with Suhita Shirodkar and Paul Wang. It took me a while to understand the concept. But I will definitely practise this. 

The image I used here is a photo from the Slea Head Drive on the Dingle Peninsula that I took during our staycation in September. A few years ago, we actually stayed in a B&B there, which is now closed, and only open as a café in the summer. The year we stayed there, the weather was so good it was like looking out at the Greek islands. But we had good weather this year too. And I can never tire of that view! I'm trying to picture in my head what it would be like with a major storm hitting the coast!

This is called Dunmore Head. It's a bit of a bland name. The beach (which you can't see) is Coumeenole beach, and it's one of these places where the waves come crashing and the swell makes it dangerous to swim. This view is the money shot in the West of Ireland, as far as I'm concerned. It can get busy in the high season, as the Dingle Peninsula is a favourite with the coach tours. But no coach tours this year, so we had the place to ourselves. Small blessings and all that.






No comments:

Post a Comment