Saturday, September 07, 2024

Grattan Bridge on a sunny day

It's wonderful to have a sunny day for sketching. It doesn't happen too often here. The focus was a building at the bottom of Capel Street, on the corner with Grattan Bridge. But you know me, I have to sketch what I want to sketch. Sometimes, it's what's been chosen by the person who organised the outing. Sometimes it's not.

I sat on a bench on Grattan Bridge and all I could see was those beautiful clouds, and the dome at the church on Cooke Street.

Also, we had a reporter from the Irish Independent who interviewed us about what we do. It was all very casual and good fun. Have a look at the article and video here.




By the second page spread, I was tired, probably dehydrated, and definitely hungry. But the light was so amazing that I just kept sketching! I crashed later.





No comments:

Post a Comment