Thursday, March 21, 2024

One Week 100 People Day 1

26 people (without counting a few that were so awkward that I drew over them. Done in one afternoon. On location, from direct observation.

Mostly done with Sailor Fude pen, a big graphite stick, some colour pencils and markers.

It took me a few before I loosened up, and then I couldn't stop! Fellow sketchers are always good subjects. As are people queuing (as long as they're not waiting for a bus, and the bus arrives and they all disappear.!)

Carol, and people waiting for their coffee. There were not that many at any one time. And there's even the ghost of two people sitting at a table behind me, but they were too far away, so I abandoned them!


I made an attempt at drawing people on the footpath and at the traffic light down below, but they were too far, and I couldn't see enough detail, so I didn't continue them and moved back to people in the café. The people outside look like little Voodoo dolls in the man's lap.


Laura and Christophe. She was drawing him, he was drawing me. I find it easier to draw men than women, particularly younger women. 

A couple at the table across the way. Both absorbed in their phones (hers was hidden behind her bobble hat). I'm pretty sure they spotted me. But they didn't say anything.


People waiting for the next tour timeslot.


And then, one final one in the bar of the Hilton hotel across the way.


Before I added the text, and in reverse order of execution (an appropriate term, since we were at Kilmainham Gaol, where a lot of the leaders of the 1916 Easter Rising were executed).










No comments:

Post a Comment