Monday, March 11, 2024

Beara Day 5, fog, yoga, stone circle, spa and more food

My final day. Woke up to heavy fog. Decided to go to a yoga class. Then it was time for lunch. My energy levels were not very high. It is intense to spend 5 days exploring and sketching.

The stone circle in Kenmare was a bit underwhelming, but I felt the need to sketch them all the same. They are not big stones. Some tourists sat on them for their photos. and also the setting denies them their purpose. They've planted tall hedges behind them, so the Westerly sun doesn't touch them anymore. Some of the shadows I had to imagine!


I thought I was done. But my energy came back and I had a few more trees and mountains I wanted to include in my sketchbooks. It was all pretty dull, then the sun came out and colours reappeared!






No comments:

Post a Comment