Tuesday, December 08, 2015

Abstract - progress report



Plenty more to be done. And I'm not sure when I'll get a chance to go near it again. When Christmas comes, that room becomes the place where everything that's in the way goes. So it will only be sketching for me for the next few weeks! Which can be frustrating, as I love to escape to my little room, cramped as it is at the best of times. 

And right now, double whammy, we have a painter in doing a few ceilings, and hall, stairs and landing. He's a lovely chap, but I find myself restricted to one room, which is not how I operate at all - I would normally be up and down those stairs 100 times a day (well, maybe I exaggerate a little here). And his radio is playing and he is singing and whistling. 

Yesterday, I ended up downstairs playing Bach's Cello solo Suites to drown out the noise so I could concentrate on my Japanese (which is going quite well, I have to say, despite my brain finding it harder than it did 20 years ago - I just need to put in a lot more study time than the young ones in the class, who range from 18 to about 33 I think). This is where meditation would come in handy, but I'm still at the stage where I find it hard to meditate if there are distractions nearby!

Next time, remind me not to get a painter in a short few weeks before Christmas. February would have worked out better for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment