Sunday, June 22, 2014

The Documented Life Project - Week 14

Week 14 of the Documented Life Project Challenge was to write your name and embellish it. Well my name is a bit long to fit on a sketchbook page, but MHBD is a perfect fit. So that's what I went for.
Inspired by Roben-Marie Smith's idea,  as I often am, I chose a Gelli print I did a while back, one of those prints that have lovely colours and textures, but not enough shape to finish in a frame on a wall (I have a lot of those). I cut out my initials in paper. I applied black paint to my Gelli plate, and placed my initials on it, in reverse! I had to think about that one, but a quick review of GelliArts' blog helped to clarify this for me. I then applied my old print over the plage and pulled this lovely print.

A little bit of enhancement with white markers, and I called it done.


I cut out little squares out of what was left of the old print and I wrote my dates on those for the journal side.




No comments:

Post a Comment