Saturday, June 07, 2014

Drawing and Painting Pets - Part III - I think we're done now

BB took Timber to the park, and I made good progress on this painting on the morning of the Bank Holiday Monday, 2nd of June - painting most of the face. Initially I was happy with what I had accomplished, but the more I looked at it, the more I knew the proportions were wrong - Willow's nose is just not that big. So I've spent most of the week first coming to terms with it, then figuring out a way of fixing it. Well, I say most of the week, but I have a full-time job and also I had a sick husband to look after. But I managed to make time, and bit by bit the cosmetic surgery gave Willow his beautiful little nose back.

And I did get excellent advice from the teacher on Craftsy, Pat Weaver, which helped me to achieve what I think is a good likeness of my 14-year-old baby! Judge for yourself:



This was my first time taking a proper online art class and I have to say I found it really good. So much so that I've bought a few more classes - Craftsy had a sale on, so that helped too!!

So what's next? A portrait of Timber at some stage, definitely, but I would also like to go back to watercolours, difficult as they can be!


No comments:

Post a Comment