Tuesday, March 05, 2013

Met HD 2013-14 season

A lot of Russian opera in next year's Met HD season! I'm not sure that's to my taste. I did see Rusalka in Wexford a good few years ago and I have fond memories of it. But I also remember walking out of a Russian opera at the Gaiety - it was just too tedious for my liking!

But I won't be able to resist Anna Netrebko in Eugene Onegin!

And I will definitely book the lively Cosi fan tutte (with Danielle de Niese, whom I just discovered in The Enchanted Island) and La Cenerentola (with Juan Diego Flores who delighted his audience in Le Comte Ory!)

I might also be tempted by Massenet's Werther - though I have just read the synopsis on Wikipedia and it sounds very very gloomy!

And of course, the big news is that James Levine will be making his come-back for some of the operas - so I  will have to add Falstaff to my list just for that reason!

Which ones are on your list?

No comments:

Post a Comment