Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Aine McAteer's Power Cookies

These are really really good! And also really really good!

Full of power ingredients - chopped nuts, almonds, olive oil, agave syrup, raisins, spelt flour, and plenty more - these cookies are completely guilt-free! Despite their delicious taste and texture! They might not be calorie-free, granted, but they're so full of healthy things that I feel they can remain part of my daily diet even when I'm watching my weight (which is all the time - I'm not twenty anymore, and it's hard to loose the little tyre that has appeared around my waist). And they taste so much better than shop-bought biscuits!

This is a recipe from Aine McAteer's upcoming book, from the Dessert/Sweets chapter she's asked me to try out. The only difficulty I find with these is that they are so good that I feel this compulsive need to bake them again and again! I have another dozen recipes at least that I haven't tried out yet, but I can't help going back to the same recipes again and again! At this rate, it'll take me a few more months before I have tried them all.

The next time I bake these, I promise I'll take a photo before we eat them all.

No comments:

Post a Comment