Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Source Code

Of the 3 movies we've seen recently, Source Code is the weaker one. But it was the first we watched, so it seemed good enough at the time. I can't reveal too much of the story, except that an army captain finds himself on a train near Chicago and has 8 minutes to prevent an explosion. My big criticism  is that too much is revealed too quickly. Think Groundhog Day. That movie took its time. It wasn't rushed. You got to enjoy going back to the same day over and over again. In Source Code, I get the feeling that they tried to reduce the overall running time too much, and it spoiled the effect somewhat. But it's still a good idea for a movie and Jake Gyllenhaal is an actor I like.

There is a double twist at the end, which was quite clever. I hadn't seen that one coming (OK, I'm not very bright in that category, but still...). If it wasn't for that, I would have found it just OK, but the ending redeemed it in my eyes. The kind of movie that you'll only watch once, though. Whereas the other 2, I would enjoy watching again.

No comments:

Post a Comment