Sunday, July 17, 2011

Saint André in the mist

I've come back to this old theme of mine again, but still without great success. I'm just not getting my colours right. I was going to use Photoshop on my laptop, but the poor old ThinkPad is not well. After a blue screen, problems with Chrome and Picasa, it worked ok for a few days, but this morning Picasa gave an error at import, and the folders in Picasa were garbled - strange! And when Firefox wouldn't launch, I decided to move to the iPad. But then, the new Blogger interface seems to have some bug with Safari on iPad (I am not alone, the forum is full fellow-bloggers with the same problem), so I've reverted to the old Blogger interface, and here I am.

But then, I'm finding that I can't post pictures from the iPad! How frustrating. The Photos app allows me to email photos to a special Facebook email address that posts to my Wall, but I'm not finding an equivalent in Blogger. Ah well.

So, a couple of hours later, I'm now set up on an old laptop, but at least it's working, except the spacebar is a bit sticky!

So, here are two versions of Saint André in the Mist, one with the colours I'm not sure about (it's the big green field that doesn't work for me), and one in a sepia tint. Viewing it in b&w or sepia is useful, I find, in terms of assessing the values (lights and darks). But I'm going to need to play with the colours for that green - it's too blocky and it dominates the picture too much. I'm thinking of changing it to an orange hue, but that means blotting out the green first, and it's quite dense, so it won't come off easily.



No comments:

Post a Comment