Sunday, May 08, 2011

Love and Other Drugs

No long-haul flight without its share of movies of course. Though I have to say the flight to Japan went really quickly, as they turned off the lights quite early on and most people tried to get a bit of sleep.

The only movie I managed to catch on the way out is Love and Other Drugs with Jake Gyllenhaal and Anne Hathaway. He is a drug rep with a talent for making women love him, and she is an artist with early-onset Parkinsons. Sounds like a tear-jerker. But it's not (well, a little.). I thought Hathaway gave her character a lot of oomph. While the fact that she's got a serious condition is central to the story, she's not a "poor me" woman.

I thought it was just the kind of love story like they don't make them any more. It's messy, it's serious, it's passionate, it's funny. Just the way I like them.

And apparently, it's a big a deal that Anne Hathaway shows her boobies and Jake Gyllenhaal, his bottom!
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment