Saturday, September 26, 2009

Kerry Sky - Watercolour

And here is the watercolour version, in progress.


I still need to remove the wax, which I used to keep some of the fluffy clouds white. It's slightly shiny, so I need to iron it out. I'm always a bit nervous doing that.

And then, there is the question of the foreground - what colours to use - something that will stand to the brightness of the sky, but it should be dark all the same, or all my values will lack contrast. And then, how much detail? and to what scale? The original photo has got very little foreground texture. My pastel and acrylics versions were more textured, and they worked quite well. But somehow in a watercolour, I'm not sure that will work - I think it will be too fussy. But if I don't add any detail, will it be too bland?

Questions questions

No comments:

Post a Comment