Sunday, June 07, 2009

Pissenlits

The weather wasn't great this weekend. Non-stop rain and 12 degrees yesterday. Today was dry, but still cold. So, a good weekend for watercolours. I've already finished my "Pissenlits" painting.

I should have gone for stronger value contrast by darkening the background more (more like it is to the right), but it's not bad all the same.

I masked all the white bits first, but found that when I removed the masking fluid, the white wasn't strong enough - there was too much background showing, so I had to go back over with white acrylics (which I applied with a fine brush, having mixed it first with pouring medium to make it easier to apply).

I'm quite happy with my wood. It is not really purple, but the colour matches the photo quite well and it is such an attractive colour.


Here is a redder version of it (colour variation courtesy of Photoshop Elements) which I think works better:








No comments:

Post a Comment