Friday, June 05, 2009

Collage

I have a collage project in progress, using scanned photographs, acrylics and kitchen paper. I'm not 100% sure where to take it from here - I think it will need a deep frame, without glass, and I'd like to add a few objects to it - a thimble, and some dried camomille flowers.

Here you can see the various papers I've used. Using kitchen roll paper was great fun - paint it with acrylics, then press it down on acrylic paper to apply the pattern. I'm not sure how it will do over time. Hopefully it won't warp or sag.
Here I played around with the various shapes, deciding how to arrange the overall composition.

Maybe I should glue it to a harder background (it's just glued and painted on acrylic canvas-textured paper)? Or I can ask the framer if they can put a rigid backing onto it.

Here is where I am now (the French flag effect was unintentional, by the way!):

No comments:

Post a Comment