Monday, November 12, 2007

The patient is doing well

My Mac Mini is doing well, after a quick resuscitation, i.e. a wipe-out of the hard disk and re-install of the Mac OS/X.

I've now re-installed my Palm Desktop and transferred my Palm records back, I've installed Firefox, and I'm now in the process of transferring the data over from my external hard drive (mostly pictures).

I forgot to back up my iTunes music, so I'll have to rip my CDs again, but that's not the end of the world. I don't buy much music online, so, all in all, I've probably lost about 10 songs.
I'm sure there'll be plenty more glitches. I still need to re-install a few applications (OpenOffice, Photoshop Elements are really the only 2 things I want), I'll have to install the printer (which I access wirelessly) and I remember that was a bit of a pain the last time. And I'm getting a securityToken error in Blogger, which hopefully won't stop me from posting this little update!

No comments:

Post a Comment