Sunday, October 07, 2007

Keeping Faith

Mary and Padraig had given me 2 books by Jodi Picoult for my birthday. Well, I'm not sure what part Padraig had in the purchase, really... On our weekly walk a few days before my birthday, I had told Mary I had just finished reading a book by Jodi Picoult, called My Sister's Keeper, and I had enjoyed it so much that I felt I would be reading a lot more books by the same author. Little did I know that she was fishing for ideas as to what present to get me. It was such a thoughtful present, I was really touched.

I had a lot of books to read through the summer (most of them on loan from Mary), so I've only just finished the first of the birthday presents, Keeping Faith. I devoured it - it was a great read. The themes are motherhood and, well, faith. You wouldn't think that either of these would appeal to me, but I found the story very engaging and I couldn't put it down. I've now started the next one, The Tenth Circle, and I'm already completely absorbed by it. Great to know that Jodi Picoult is a very prolific author - plenty more ideas for Birthday & Christmas presents!!

No comments:

Post a Comment