Tuesday, May 08, 2007

True Romance

About a week ago, we watched a movie called True Romance. I had never heard of it, neither had Brendan, despite its star-studded cast - Christian Slater, Patricia Arquette, Dennis Hopper, Gary Oldman, Brad Pitt, Christopher Walken & Samuel L. Jackson, and James Gandolfini & Val Kilmer (though you don't actually see Val's face in the movie - let us just say that he is Christian Slater's special mentor in the story).

The script was written by Quentin Tarantino, so it's violent, very violent, but it's also a love story. Like most Tarantino movies, there is a great sense of humour running throughout. If you're into Tarantino movies, here is a website I found called Everything Tarantino, which has interesting bits and pieces. I liked Pulp Fiction and the 2 Kill Bill movies. I have to say that I found Reservoir Dogs too violent for my taste. There is plenty of violence in the other movies too, but they all share a "sunny" aspect, whereas Reservoir Dogs is too dark for me.

Thank you Nesta for giving us the DVD. It's quite a find. I'll be watching it again!

No comments:

Post a Comment