Sunday, May 27, 2007

Hello again

It's been a while since I've had the chance to sit down and write my blog. Last weekend, I was in Belgium and didn't get back until Tuesday evening. I enjoyed seeing family and friends - it was great to see the kids on Saturday, and I got a chance to see Françoise on Sunday evening, and Marie-Gabrielle on Monday - it's great to be able to have friends that you don't see for a year, and then just be able to pick up where we left off, as if it was only a week since we last met.

I haven't stopped for a moment since I got back - plenty of work to keep me busy, so I don't have much else to report really. It took me a few days to get back on top of things - I like things to be "just so", and it's hard for me not to unpack my suitcase straight away and tidy things up immediately. I still have a fairly long to-do list, but nothing compared to what it used to be when I was in IBM (when my Organizer had dozens of entries for every day, and I was juggling about a hundred emails a day). Now, my to-do list fits on a standard post-it. Much more manageable - I get great satisfaction from ticking items off the list!

My current watercolour project has been very slow. I must have started it 3 weeks ago and it's still not finished, despite it being a very simple abstract picture, based on water reflections, which I could have done in a day if I had had time to stick to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment