Wednesday, July 12, 2006

Green Leaf

Here is another sample of my attempts at painting green. I like the contrast between the bright side and the shadow side. The only difference between the 2 sides is one glaze of Phthalo blue. The one thing I should have done was to mask the vein of the leaf so that it would not come up blue in the finished product. I should have had it yellow instead. You live and learn.

Another thing I've learned is that the "Masquepen" masking fluid, while very handy in that you don't have to mess with paintbrushes and soap to apply the masking fluid, leaves too wide a trace on the paper. I've now completed my "leaves" project. It looks good, apart from the leaf veins, which are too thick. The whole thing would have looked a lot better if I had applied finer lines of masking fluid. I think I'll pop over to Kennedy's and get a ruling pen. Apparently, it's the best thing to get a fine line of masking fluid.

No comments:

Post a Comment