Friday, February 09, 2024

Exploring texture squiggles

Despite the ongoing video calls, I kept working in my art room. Thinking about moving to a larger size from my little thumbnails, I wanted to explore mark making with a brush pen, as I would have to keep the viewer's gaze moving around the canvas. I looked through some of the Pinterest inspiration I recorder a short while back to try and figure out how I would do that. 

This first one would probably look better if I had softened more of these black lines. But I do like the quiet areas. Need more of those in my art in general I think. I also tried with a Sennelier brush pen in Paynes Grey. It kind of ran away from me, but the blue looks quite nice so I might have another go. I also liked the mix of black brushpen with Monte Amiata Natural Sienna watercolour (the little detail I snuck in to the left of the main blue squiggles)







No comments:

Post a Comment