Thursday, February 23, 2023

Wilton Place

February in Dublin - when the sun comes out, it feels like spring (daffodils are out, forsythia is just about starting, there are bright green leaves popping up on trees), but as soon as the sun goes in, you're reminded it's still winter. 
When I arrived on location at Wilton Place to sketch with my friends, I was tempted to sketch the canal and the glorious reflections. But then I saw the building site, and I couldn't resist. It turned out to be the right choice, as the sun soon disappeared. It's rare to get a construction site that's not completely behind hoardings, so this was particularly special, as I could see through the gate!.
When I was done with it, I noticed the Living Canvas digital display, with its mesmerising coral reef interpretation! And then, I was really frozen, and headed to the pub!



 







No comments:

Post a Comment