Wednesday, February 15, 2023

St Brigid festival at Richmond Barracks

You know I'm having a good sketching day when I fill 4 spreads! I was so grateful that Laura picked a lively event for our Sunday sketching! It was the St Brigid Fair at Richmond Barracks in Inchicore, organised by the Dublin City Council Culture Company. There was a craft fair, food trucks, and various activities. When I heard juggling, I went straight to the room where it was about to begin, and I asked if it was ok to sketch. I found a quiet spot slightly out of the way and I set to work. After an hour and a half of frantic sketching, I was exhausted, but happy! I added colour and extra text later, to tie everything together. I painted the juggling balls pink so they would stand out. They look a bit like apples, so maybe I could have picked another colour!

 



Then I went outside and sketched some more, while chatting with fellow sketchers, until the sun went behind the building and it got too cold! 


Here are the single pages, so you can see them better.













No comments:

Post a Comment