Wednesday, September 27, 2023

Flowers with 6 pre-mixed colours

I am trying to push myself away from my comfortable colours. And the watercolours in this palette were solid with lack of use. The only exception I made was Hansa Yellow Medium. The yellows I had in the palette were Naples and New Gamboge. Not what I needed for the flowers on my desk.  I chose 6 colours, 2 light (HYM, a reddy pink - can't remember what it is), 2 medium (Carmine, a mix of Olive Green I think and Cobalt Turquoise) and 2 dark (Moonglow, not dark enough, and a mix of Carmine and Phthalo Turquoise).

I think for the next one, I will just go for 2 colours, a warm and a cool, and play more with values.

And also, another thought, I'm just not into painting flowers! I will have to find something else to draw or paint over the next few weeks





No comments:

Post a Comment