Thursday, September 22, 2022

Colour mixes - colourful tints

Going off on a tangent again. Someone I know in New York mentioned Paul Talbot-Greaves to me, and now I'm immersed in beautiful shadows, greens and stone walls!!  He has online tutorials on his website for only 15 pounds each. And they're full of useful tips, including a full demo, some are nearly an hour long! I'm going to have to restrain myself and focus on what I can learn, one thing at a time!!

Mixing colourful tints, with Sap Green and Quin Gold as bases. I don't use Sap Green much at all. I find it too brash, but having done this exercise, I see how versatile it is when using colours that cut its brassiness. Same with Quin Gold, it doesn't have to be all strong and strident!  I might have to add Sap Green to my palette now!!


And a variation, with Green Apatite Genuine and Monte Amiata Natural Sienna, two colours I have in my urban sketching palette. The mixes are more granulating of course, but the greens don't have the same rich smoothness as the ones above. I do love granulation, though!



No comments:

Post a Comment