Sunday, August 24, 2014

Documented Life Project - Week 24

As you can see, I had a lot of fun with this challenge - Week 24 - use book pages

I chose a page from a French book I read a long time ago, called Petite. I really can't remember what it was about, so decided that I could sacrifice it for Art!!

I highlighted a few words, then painted circles around it in bright colours - I know it's a technique I've used a good few times, but it's really pretty, and there are no rules!

Then I decided to paint circles on flaps too, and they were so nice I had to use the both of them. 
For the verso side of the flaps, I cut and glued newsprint in matching colours (I think), which I use to protect my desk from paint splashes and to clean brushes and stamps and fingers and my beloved Gelli plate!

For the journal page, I applied gesso over an ink stencil pattern, then I glued little strips of red craft paper (from my Dealz art packs - €1.49!). And I cut newsprint in little circles, with my circle stamp. And I wrote the dates with my lovely white Sharpie marker. 

All done. Can't wait to get started on the next challenge!













No comments:

Post a Comment