Saturday, March 22, 2014

Travel sketches - 1

On this holiday, I finally found the secret to sketching regularly: it is to have a very small notebook that I could carry with me the whole time and whip up without being noticed. 

I'm not a confident sketcher - I would not be able to cope with people wanting to have a look at what I'm drawing. (I can hear you say "but you have no problem sharing these same sketches on the web" - I know; it makes no sense) So having a small Moleskine made a big difference for me. I carried it in my handbag or in my hand everywhere we went (except in the water, where a Lumix camera was my tool of choice) and I did little drawings of things that caught my eye. Like the light fixture and light patterns on the wall in the DAA lounge in Dublin airport.


No comments:

Post a Comment