Friday, February 28, 2014

Schmincke watercolour palette

I got myself a new watercolour set - a Schmincke pan set.  Can't wait to start using it!

I can never take a good photograph of colours, and the watercolour book was too bulky to place in my scanner - but believe me some of the colours are gorgeous. I'm particularly fond of the chrome orange, cerulean blue tone, helio turquoise, may green and naples yellow.

Of the set, I'm only disappointed with two colours: cobalt green dark and manganese violet - they don't look so bad in this photo, but they are a bit dull in reality.

There were two colours I wanted in the set, vanadium yellow and ruby red (PV19), and the girl in the shop kindly offered to swap (she then worked out the difference in price - some colours are more expensive than others). I got rid of a cadmium orange (which I can easily mix) and an olive green of some sort (the kind of dull colour that's easy to mix by accident). But when I checked all the colours in the set, I realised that permanent carmine is also PV19. Ah well.  You can never have enough PV19!




WebRep
currentVote
noRating
noWeight

No comments:

Post a Comment