Sunday, January 19, 2014

Breathe

I'm not painting anything big these days - no big abstract acrylics, no watercolours. There are only so many hours in the day. The art journal format is perfect for those of us who don't have enough time, but still want to create something.

I came across a nice little saying on Facebook recently - "Breathe. You don't need to get everything done right now". I actually printed it and stuck it to the wall just behind my laptop. The start of the year is always tough for me. There are all these things that need to be done, and all the things I didn't get around to doing before Christmas. So I get a bit anxious. I have all these ToDo lists, and although I do get a lot done in a day, the list never seems to get shorter. And I remember other things that need to be added to the list... No wonder I'm anxious.  So I need to remind myself to breathe. And since I'm bilingual (well, I'm not really - I'm a French speaker who's been living in an English-speaking country for nearly thirty years), I've decided to make my journal pages bilingual. 

No comments:

Post a Comment