Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Art

Not much time for painting and drawing lately. But I haven't been completely idle.


I completed my cheap imitation, saving ourselves a cool thousand Euro, and it's now hanging over the laundry basket on our landing. It's very bright and it works nicely on the pale cream wall. Technically, it was very easy - mix the acrylics, apply to canvas, then apply black acrylic lines between the various blocks of colour. But I have to grant the artist his or her due - the composition and the colours work really well.



The painting looked like nothing until the dash of process cyan (that's turquoise to you and me) was added at the top. Somehow, that one colour brought all the others together and calmed the somewhat garish greens and yellows. I don't think I would have figured that out for myself. That's the difference between a real artist and an amateur like myself. Maybe I'll stick to imitations in future!

No comments:

Post a Comment