Tuesday, May 16, 2023

Street view World tour - Kharkiv

I have lots of photos of New Zealand still to share with you, but it's too big a job to sort them all out, so I'm procrastinating. Plus, I really need to get back into painting (more about that some other time).

Anyways, I found the perfect antidote to jetlag - Zoom sketching with friends around the world. I really didn't want to miss this session of Street View World Tour, as the location was Kharkiv, and the invited artist was Nina Khashchina, a wonderful artist who lives in San Jose. I've never met Nina, but I really feel I know her, as she has shared sketches of her parents on her blog since Russia invaded Ukraine, and we often exchange comments over social media. It's a strange world we live in, where strong connections can be established with people we might never meet. Well, I do hope I will meet Nina. When the war in Ukraine is over, I definitely plan to go sketching there and meet urban sketchers all around the country. In the meantime, virtual sketching it is!




No comments:

Post a Comment